Sponsored in 2017 by:
Presentations of the world’s most innovative achievements in the field of virtual reality, augmented reality and their future applications, Laval Virtual ReVolution is an annual honor of the world’s finest VR projects by Laval Virtual. Laval Virtual ReVolution is the international competition which rewards the most innovating Virtual Reality projects every year since 2006.
Selected by a jury of professionals and scientists, the best projects receive a booth in the Laval Virtual exhibition. These projects, ranging from the most playful to the most scientific, represent the early beginnings of the future of Virtual Reality technologies which could become a part of your future daily life.
Virtual Reality is not only a technology but also a never ending story about the history between computers and humans. We cannot know the ending of this story yet, as we still need to find and walk one of the many possible paths that will lead us to a future navigated by brilliant stars. Future voyagers will continue to stare at those stars along their way. While the Virtual Reality culture can also be built by academic papers or commercial products independently, we would like to suggest a new relation between developmental projects and the general public at on-site demonstrations.
If a project has impact, technology, and persuasiveness, then it might move the general public and change our common senses.
Therefore this means a revolution in the history of Virtual Reality technology.
Share them in this Virtual Reality movement with others from all over the world !
One plus one equals unlimited
Laval Virtual ReVolution 2018 calls for innovative virtual reality demo projects that fall under the theme, “1+1=∞”.
While this may look like an incorrect equation from the standpoint of mathematics, can we outright deny this amazing equation completely?
Year after year, virtual reality continues to be innovated upon but this evolution is not linear. Innovative VR techniques always comes from human senses.
We now know “5 senses” as sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch, but the senses are not summable like the 1 + 1 equation.
Innovative VR projects can demonstrate to the public that the evolution of our models are not as limited as the traditional sense of addition anymore. Please propose to us your amazing phenomenon, as traditional science may not describe your innovation and it may redefine relation of "1+1=" and meanings of virtual reality to the public. There is no limitation, as a future of unlimited possibilities awaits us.
Professional & Grand Public Demo = ∞
ReVolution is best opportunity to demonstrate your projects to professionals and the general public.
Current Virtual Reality technology includes computer generated graphics, display technologies, haptics, force feedback and interface design in the context of implementing new experiences that encourage users to use a virtual system to enhance their real, mundane lives. It may be called as entertainment system in current virtual reality. However its function may be linked to humanism which bring us into the next generation of human being.
Share your experience, and proof it in the professional and public during Laval Virtual 2018.
- New device and integrations
- Super Human Sports
- Handicap and universal design experience
- Scientific Demonstration
- Haptic interface
- Display technologies
- Interactive Arts
- Entertainment VR
- New Media Designs
- New Game Systems
- New Human Interfaces and Displays
… And new use, public testing, Proof of Concept (PoC) of VR are encouraged. The accepted abstract will be published by online proceedings.
- Video: not longer than 5 min
- Abstract: Recommend to use ACM Proceedings format. The paper must be in PDF format, page should be 2 to 10 pages. File extension must be PDF.
- Install plan: logistic, floor plan and experience scenario for professional and public day
- Representative picture: a photo which can explain entire experience for the public
All submissions will be reviewed by the jury committee, which consists of academic and industrial professionals of engineering and art, according to the following criteria:
- Originality : Novelty in technical and artistic sense
- Creativity : Bringing about interest and excitement
- Feasibility : Rate of implementability to realize your concept
- Safety and logistics for abroad : The project must be suitable for oversea exhibition
- Attractivity : Presence and Impact for the visitor of Laval Virtual
Submission Deadline and Result announcement
- Abstract registration deadline : 1/DEC/2017
- Submission deadline: 18/DEC/2017
- Result: 16/JAN/2018
- Installing Day : 2, 3/APR/2018
- Professional Day : 4, 5, 6/APR/2018 (6 000+ visitors)
- Public Day : 7, 8/APR/2018 (9 000+ visitors)
Invites : Flight tickets (3 person maximum), accommodation (3 person maximum), LV Party tickets + Lunch + Dinner + Stand for all days
- 4 projects from partner events and open competition
Welcome: 3mx3m Stand ( Wednesday to Sunday )
- Top projects from the open submission
Weekend: Stand ( Saturday to Sunday, only for the grand public days )
- Jury recommend project from the open submission
Invited project from ACM SIGGRAPH
Invited project from IVRC2017
Program Committee (candidates)
- Akihiko SHIRAI, Session Chair, Kanagawa Institute of Technology
- Alexandre Bouchet, CLARTE
- Abdelmajid Kadri, Arts et Métiers ParisTech
- Carolina Cruz-Neira, University of Arkansas
- Jean-Marc Seigneur, University of Geneva
- Juan De Joya, Pixar Animation Studios
- Philippe David, SNCF
- Thierry Frey, ACM SIGGRAPH
- Machiko Kusahara, Waseda University
- Masahiko Inami, Univ. of Tokyo
- Marco Sacco, EuroVR
- Yoichi Ochiai, Univ. of Tsukuba
International collegiate Virtual Reality Contest (IVRC)
Super Human Sports Society
DO YOU NEED INFORMATION?
Our team will answer your questions:
02 43 49 75 13